My wife and I sailed aboard the Azamara Quest for 15 days from Miami, FL to Nice, France via the Azores, Gibraltar, Cartegena, Mahon and Cannes. Our flight home from Nice went through Dublin and had a significant layover. We enjoyed gallivanting around with the Irish for a day as a bonus.
The Azamara cruise was different from some of my previous cruises on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity and the like.
Azamara is a luxury line. Consequently the experience was a bit different.
1. The cruisers on Azamara were more likely to be professionals, executives or at least were such when they worked.
2. The lines were much shorter.
3. Meal times, especially dinner was much more laid back. 2-3 hours.
4. Interaction during my talks was at a different lever = genuine interest, faithful attendees, cruisers who are used to and look forward to such lectures.
5. Ship was smaller = venues were smaller. Crowd size was limited.
6. Attention from my agent was at a much higher level = she met us at the airport and delivered us to the cruise ship.
All in all, a great experience. And one I look forward to doing again but to different ports of call.
I have heard from several cruisers since returning who went through the trouble of looking up my contact information and reaching out. I did NOT pass out any business contact information while on the ship.
Premium, luxury, ultra-luxury … if you’re going to speak on a cruise ship, you may as well choose the best ones to do it on.
Contact us. You know you want to.