You are taking the time to learn how to be the best speaker Aajx Cruises has ever had. So what do you need to be aware of?
Clip and save–>
Your talks need to be serious, but not heavy.
- They do not want to be lectured to’ they want to be informed.
- Tell stories to support you main points. Go with 3 points max.
- Stories rather than delivering dry facts.
- Your audience is probably vey educated – don’t talk down to them.
- You must use visuals….PowerPoint or the like. Do now drone on in a monotone. Variety, pauses.
- Use images not bullets
- Put in video clips. 15 – 20 seconds. Use the time to take a drink.
- Be extemporaneous NO NOTES. Involve the audience.
- Relax and be a little funny – no canned jokes, but an anecdote where YOU goofed up.
- Look good – dress for success. First impressions are made in 15 seconds.
- Don’t be glued to the podium – use a remote slide changer.
- Use a green laser pointer and don’t wiggle it on the screen – hold it steady.
- Stand to the left of the screen so you point at the beginning of a thought.
- Tell them what you are going to say. Say it. Tell them what you told them.
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]