Every time a cruise ship lecturer speaks s/he has something to give their audience.
How cool is that?
In no particular order:
1. Confidence – listeners (speakers, too but don’t tell anybody) struggle with personal doubt. Speakers can help.
2. Courage – should I? Why should? What if? Speakers help alleviate fears in their listeners.
3. Insights – Experience is a great teacher. Learning makes a great student. Sharing is a wonderful friend.
4. Ideas – what works, what doesn’t work. Lessons learned in one field can most certainly be applied to other fields.
5. Tools – steps, lists, strategies, ebooks, resources that the speaker uses can change listeners’ lives as well
6. Inspiration – I am so normal that it’s not funny. But I have done things. If Bill can do it, then so can you … usually.
7. Emotional energy – listeners know what to do. Way more often than not they need camaraderie, encouragement, accountability, motivation to give them the energy to move.
8. Conviction – When you know what you know and why you know it, your knowledge exudes power
9. Information – if you don’t have something to add to your listeners repository of knowledge, please sit back down.
To be sure, speakers have something to give.
What do you give away when you speak?
Want a FREE EBOOK? – ask for it in the comments.
Diary of a Cruise Ship Speaker – How to Get on Board