Our experiences make great fodder for our lectures and seminars whether on a cruise ship or otherwise.
I can think of at least 6 very tough teachers in the school of hard knocks that when they are done and we have come out on the ‘other side’ will give us plenty of great material for our talks.
1. disappointment – unrequited love, lost opportunities, failed job interviews, rejected applications.
2. disillusionment – betrayal, failings of parents, mentors, siblings, heroes
3. burned – stolen from, lied to,
4. hurt – physically, emotionally, spiritually
5. shamed – because of your own mistakes, sometimes because of others
6. pained – self inflicted, maliciously intended, deserved, undeserved
All of these miserable experiences are tough to go through.
I think it was Churchill who said “When you are going through hell, keep going.”
It’s the character we find in us that keeps us going that we can share.
It’s surviving ordeals that others think impossible to go through that causes people to want to hear our story.
Don’t ask to avoid the troubles life has in store for us, rather ask to be strong enough to endure the ordeals that are sure to come.
Want a FREE EBOOK? – ask for it in the comments.