I may be wrong but it seems to me the only way most speakers know how to inspire people is by telling them how they failed, then came back. How they got sick, then got better.
Really? Is that all there is?
I can think of 20 other ways to inspire others. Maybe more if I put my mind to it.
16. Care about people – At the risk of sounding corny, nobody cares what you know until they know you care. The person who loves people is loved.
17. Listen intently – Give 100% of your attention to the person in front of you. When you give your all, they, in turn, will be motivated to give theirs.
18. Encourage – Give reassurance when needed, instruction when know how is lacking, reason when confidence wavers. It is fun to let people know the good you see in them.
19. Focus on the positive – Tell us why, not why not. There are enough reasons to quit. What are the reasons to continue. Share.
20. Be faithful to your other – As soon as I read about the guy who drove his truck 1 million miles, I wish I had a car I could drive that far. I knew a couple who had been married 72 years (at last count). It made me wish I could be with the same person that long. Maybe… if I live to be 120.
21. Be a source – Be the person that people come to for an idea, a reason, a word, a relief, an ear, a challenge, an insight, the truth ….
Read these other ways to inspire your listeners.
Fill in this form and we’ll be in touch about getting you on board.