I may be wrong but it seems to me the only way most speakers know how to inspire people is by telling them how they failed, then came back. How they got sick, then got better.
Really? Is that all there is?
I can think of 20 other ways to inspire others. Maybe more if I put my mind to it.
11. Stay cool in tense situations – When everyone else is flustered, don’t be. It’s hard not to respect the person who stays level headed when everyone else is in a panic.
12. Praise, don’t flatter – Find the good in people and tell them. Don’t manufacture good things to say. If you can’t find something good to say about a person, it should be because there is something wrong with the person, not you for looking.
13. Keep your promises – Say what you will do. Do what you say. Be absolutely dependable. Don’t be afraid to commit. Commit. Then follow through … always.
14. Be passionate about something – We love the genuine joy in a new convert. We resonate with the person who can’t help but share what’s happening in their lives because it’s honest-to-goodness fun.
15. Be excellent at what you do – “The street sweeper should sweep streets as Beethoven composed, Shakespeare composed and Michelangelo painted. So, that when s/he sweeps streets, all the hosts of heaven will pause and say, ‘there goes a great street sweeper,’ M L King.
Read the first 5 Ways to Inspire Others.
Read the next 5 Ways to Inspire Others.
Fill in this form and we’ll be in touch about getting you on board.
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]