There’s no reason a lecture on what’s coming up in port has to be dry.
There’s equally no reason why people have to be disengaged when they are learning the history of a destination.
And your special interest lecture doesn’t have to drone on and on.
2 Don’ts to Keep from Killing Your Cruise Ship Lecture
1. Do NOT read your talk. No matter how good you are at creating manuscript style speeches. They do NOT work on a cruise ship. Don’t try.
2. Do NOT type everything out that you want to say and try to memorize it. There are too many variables, intangibles that come into play that will get you off track.
2 Dos to Bring Your Cruise Ship Lecture to Life
1. Create an outline of what you want to cover. Make it simple and flexible.
2. Create mind list of points you want to make. If you can’t rattle the list off instantly, it’s too long or too convoluted.
3. Force yourself to improvise. Improvisation = bringing life to your talk.
Try it. It works.
Want more tips? To speak on a cruise ship?
Contact us by hitting the button. You know you want to.