It’s not the way things used to be, nor is it the way things are going to be.
Trends in the Cruise Ship industry effect the Special Interest Cruise Ship Lecturer.
Here are 5 cruise ship trends for 2014.
1. Build Your Own Cruise – people don’t mind paying more or less if they can get what they want or not have to pay for what they don’t want.
2. Short Escape or Get Away Cruises – think 2, 3 or 4 days around the Bahamas or from LA to Acapulco.
3. Accommodating Smokers or not – Cruise lines from Disney to Cunard to Royal Caribbean to Seabourn are following “the smoking lamp is out.” policies
4. Personalized bookings for ports of call – more choices of things to do, smaller groups. You want it, we will bring it to you.
5. Better Cruise Ship Lecturers – One of my agents (I have 5 covering ALL the cruise lines) recently told me that they were looking for “meaty” presentations. Going beyond infotainment and delivering real substance to the cruisers.
The last one is especially of interest to me. Indeed, cruisers are on vacation. But they also want there to be good reason to give up 1 to 4 hours to hear what the speaker dude has to say.
We can teach you how to raise the level of your talks.
Drop your email address below to get updates to this site.